I rediscovered this “examine” received while attending a Five Day Academy for Spiritual Formation in March of 2008. I thought I would post it here. I found it to be very thought provoking. (I am unsure of the source)
Examination…The Lord’s Prayer throughout the Day…
Our Father in heaven
- When did you sense the greatest intimacy with God?
Hallowed be your name
- When were you most aware of how unique and different God is?
Your Kingdom come
- When and how did you see the kingdom making itself real?
Your will be done on earth
- When were you most alive?
Give us this day our daily bread
- When were you given bread?
- When did you share bread?
Forgive us our sins
- When were you most aware of sin and the desire to end your relationship with it?
- When were you a part of the problem, rather than light toward a solution?
As we forgive those who sin against us
- When were you forgiving or an agent of forgiveness?
Lead us not into temptation
- When did you feel God’s guiding and defining action?
Deliver us from evil
- When did you feel God protecting you from evil in yourself and without?
For the kingdom, power, and glory are yours
- When did you sense or confess it is about God?
- When were you most aware of eternal realities or the Eternal?